BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, After doing some research, I finally narrowed my selection down to two exhaust pipes for my R nine T. But I cannot make my final choice. The two pots clear the rear wheel well, are placed in the lower part, and cost roughly the same price. Which makes my choice even more difficult. I post thinking that owners of one of these two items will help me in my decision. I live in France and the legislation imposes 95 dB maximum and I do not want to stay within this limit. Here are my two choices:
Pot RP Tuning

Pot G&G
G&G Bike Bmw R Nine T E11B01ES.jpg

Thank you for your help.

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Going purely by the looks, I say the RP pipe is the clear winner. Have no idea what the sound comparison would be between the both of them though... I expect they will be noticeably louder than the stock silencer, and a different tone altogether compared to stock.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello everyone and thank you for your answers. The PR is clearly in the lead. In addition, the details concerning the sound volume provided by @IslandFalconer clearly push me towards this exhaust. He is really beautiful on his Racer . The sound that I would like to find is a "big bass", very serious. By something that breaks my ears like "HD", but rather a "bear" in slow motion, which eventually turns into a "tiger" when accelerating. Yes, I know I'm a little delusional. I just woke up in France, be merciful . Good road everyone, even if at this moment we cannot go very far.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hello everyone and thank you for your answers. The PR is clearly in the lead. In addition, the details concerning the sound volume provided by @IslandFalconer clearly push me towards this exhaust. He is really beautiful on his Racer . The sound that I would like to find is a "big bass", very serious. By something that breaks my ears like "HD", but rather a "bear" in slow motion, which eventually turns into a "tiger" when accelerating. Yes, I know I'm a little delusional. I just woke up in France, be merciful . Good road everyone, even if at this moment we cannot go very far.
Sounds like this without the ban killer in it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good evening, everyone, and a happy new year.
Order the pot RP-Tuning yesterday (448€ including 32€ of port)..................now I look forward to it.

Envoyé de mon hatch en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,
I have had this exhaust on my R9T for three months now. I'm very happy with it and it gives my bike a great look. The rear wheel is completely clear and that's what I wanted.
In terms of sound, it really has a dual personality: at moderate engine speed, it has a muffled and enveloping sound. As soon as you rev up the engine, it is unleashed and the sound goes up in the treble. The volume of the sound also rises a lot. I think it can be awkward for someone who does a lot of driving.
I live in France, and I'm not sure the Police appreciate the volume of this exhaust. I must admit that when I see police officers from a distance, I reduce my speed, so as to almost idle at their height.
I kept my original pot in case I had to put it back. By the way, it takes about 5 minutes to set it up and I kept the exhaust valve in place.
Have a good trip everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SD05,
I live in Nice, in the south of France, and I am not ready to travel more than 1000 kilometers with this exhaust pipe. I imagine the state of my eardrums on arrival.
Good road.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can someone please confirm the RP tuning exhaust above can be fitted to a scrambler? Looks like the exhaust is so short that it doesn't need a hanger.Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMR9T,
I do not know if it can be mounted on a scrambler, but I confirm that it is very short and that it does not require any other support than the collar located just after the exhaust valve. It is also very light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts