BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll pick up this new-to-me '17 Pure Saturday, and it's all stock, or mostly. No screen.

Might the little Puig flyscreen or the Rizoma taller fairing, either of them, give this 5'8" oldster a little comfort from the breeze during my very occasional runs up or over the 75 mph freeways? I'll always be wearing a full face helmet, a full rider suit, and earplugs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I have the Rizoma fairing on mine. It’s more an esthetic upgrade rather than something that will provide you additional comfort. It may divert a little bit of wind off your chest. However it will direct it straight to your chin. I do notice a bit more wind noise at speed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They look good .. and maybe deflect the air a bit.
But to be honest ... I've got a Multistrada with a proper touring screen and that wind noise / buffeting is far worse than on my R9T.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have a look at Dart - first picture is the smaller Piranha screen - second with their standard sized screen - both make a worthwhile difference to rider comfort with minimal buffeting :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
With experience of windscreens, both chest level and the minimal ones (on other bikes, tho'), at elevated speeds I found significant buffeting either at helmet level or chest level (caveat: depends on your height and riding position). With the R9T, I am comfortable with a full face helmet only, the one exception being riding at speed (140 kph) into a headwind.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a dart flyscreen on my ‘17 nine T. I am very pleased with it. My height is 1,83. Last summer I went on summer holyday with my bike, 400km highway to the sea. Going there I rode 140-160 km/ h, on the way back I was borring, so I increased the speed to 160-180 km/h.
With my height it was comfortable. All the wind was directed on the two sides of my neck, above my shoulders. No buffeting on helmet at all. So on highway this screen is perfect. Also pricewise, the other option I liked was wunderlich fairing, wich cost a fortune. Rizoma and rizoma copy fairings as I read is only for the looks.
Other good option with the dart screen, that I can remoove it easily unscrewing the four bolts, leaving just the bracket on place.
This is how I use my bike for everyday commuting.

One more thing, I have replaced my oem handlebar for a 5cm narrower risoma, becouse previously after two hours of highway riding I had a pain on my shoulder. Since I have the narrower handlebar and flyscreen only the seat what tortures me on long rides.

Hope it helped.

Az én iPad készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
There's actually a lot of discussion on the forum already on this, try searching for DArt, Rizoma and Wunderlich screens.

Personally I have a dart flyscreen and it works very well given its size. Just don't have unrealistic expectations... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Dart screen and it made a surprising difference upto 40mph. I was expecting no noticeable difference but I actually found that i had a lot less wind on my chest. Obviously as your speed increases you are going to feel the wind more. Still, for a neat looking screen it had noticeable benefit. Just dont expect too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts