BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Hoping to find some info on a good windscreen for long distance rides for an Urban GS. I do allot of camping trips and I'm planning a ten-day, thirteen-hundred mile trip in September.
I've been looking at something like a MRA V-Flow Z or C screen but without being able to actually examine, it's hard to make a definite decision. YouTube and Google have not been very helpful other than turning me on to this great forum :D .
Would like to install it over the existing baby screen but if necessary I don't mind replacing it completely.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
J.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,417 Posts
Take a look at the Unit Garage offering.

I believe you'll need to get their GS fairing as well.

But these definitely let you keep the GS look.

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at the Unit Garage offering.

I believe you'll need to get their GS fairing as well.

But these definitely let you keep the GS look.
Wow that looks very cool!
Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go MRA universal.
Very nice ride! 🥰
The MRA was on my list and it's nice to see it on an actual R9T Urban.
And I LOVE that trailer - compliments the setup so well.
Thanks for the pix!

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unit One.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for that pic, really like the way that looks in the R9.
Kinda looks like the Unit Garage type which looks real slick.

·
Premium Member
2019 BMW R9T Pure
154 Posts
Thanks for that pic, really like the way that looks in the R9.
Kinda looks like the Unit Garage type which looks real slick.
It is Unit Garage. My bad, I said Unit One. Lol. It provides a good amount of protection but my helmet remains in clear laminar flow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,
Hoping to find some info on a good windscreen for long distance rides for an Urban GS. I do allot of camping trips and I'm planning a ten-day, thirteen-hundred mile trip in September.
I've been looking at something like a MRA V-Flow Z or C screen but without being able to actually examine, it's hard to make a definite decision. YouTube and Google have not been very helpful other than turning me on to this great forum :D .
Would like to install it over the existing baby screen but if necessary I don't mind replacing it completely.
Thanks,
J.
I put a Puig Custom II Universal on my UGS. I really like it. Rode over 400 miles to the BMWRA rally last September and it was great. Available from Revzilla and others, but I got mine on Amazon because I was able to get a clear one there. Other sources only had smoke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put a Puig Custom II Universal on my UGS. I really like it. Rode over 400 miles to the BMWRA rally last September and it was great. Available from Revzilla and others, but I got mine on Amazon because I was able to get a clear one there. Other sources only had smoke. View attachment 131730 View attachment 131730
Oops! Not sure why the same photo got posted twice, and don't know how to delete it. Here is a view from the cockpit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello,
Thanks,
J.
last year I was making a trip with such a set (Daytona wind deflector with large screen
). even at 170km / h and 190cm height there was no problem

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oops! Not sure why the same photo got posted twice, and don't know how to delete it. Here is a view from the cockpit.
Nice setup and nice looking wind screen.
I see how it mounts to the bars but is their any attachment to the small white fairing or anything else other than the handlebar struts?

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Urban GS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
last year I was making a trip with such a set (Daytona wind deflector with large screen). even at 170km / h and 190cm height there was no problem
That's a nice looking setup, the fairing compliments the bike so well. Nice luggage too!

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
195 Posts
Hello,
Thanks,
J.
Hi Jessika, have you checked Wunderlich and Touratech? Those two German companies make a huuuuge living on just optimizing BMWs. Always great quality! Thousands of products to choose from.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put a Puig Custom II Universal on my UGS. I really like it. Rode over 400 miles to the BMWRA rally last September and it was great. Available from Revzilla and others, but I got mine on Amazon because I was able to get a clear one there. Other sources only had smoke.

View attachment 131730

@GS_Ron - Is that screen mounted only at two places to the handlebars? Is there any other mount point? I'm trying to figure out what keeps it from moving at high speed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts