BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well with all this talk of upgrades I just ordered a set of Nitron TVT25 cartridges for my 2020 classic. I hope they are a noticeable upgrade - otherwise i'll be sad. Told them i want them setup for aggressive road riding and occasional track day, as well as to work with my Wilbers 642 rear. 3-4 weeks ETA '- i'll install myself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like european cut as i have a slim body. Sidenote, i have their mesh as well and quality is top notch!
I thought Revit were generally cut to suit the 'generous' proportions of the American market. I ride an Alpinestars 50 jacket but the Revit perforated leather jacket I have fits in a 46.

·
Registered
2021 R nineT Option 719, Triumph Bobber
93 Posts
I have a set of Nitron cartridges on order currently (TVT22 I can't justify the 25mm ones) I did receive one set from them, but when I checked they turned out to be for the Pure/Racer version :( They have been good about sorting it out though. Hopefully the correct version arrives shortly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a set of Nitron cartridges on order currently (TVT22 I can't justify the 25mm ones) I did receive one set from them, but when I checked they turned out to be for the Pure/Racer version :( They have been good about sorting it out though. Hopefully the correct version arrives shortly.
Nice. I almost went with the 22mm to save $500. Asked the supplier and he said the 25mm were worth the extra - so my hands were tied 😄. I just didn't want to regret it later and figured i'd already put more than the TVT25's into the Wilbers rear shock so in for a penny and all that. Hopefully they don't dissappoint - i'm sure both the 22 and 25's will be great. Doubt i'd notice the difference between the two, but hopefully there's a big difference from stock.

·
Registered
2021 R nineT Option 719, Triumph Bobber
93 Posts
Nice. I almost went with the 22mm to save $500. Asked the supplier and he said the 25mm were worth the extra - so my hands were tied 😄. I just didn't want to regret it later and figured i'd already put more than the TVT25's into the Wilbers rear shock so in for a penny and all that. Hopefully they don't dissappoint - i'm sure both the 22 and 25's will be great. Doubt i'd notice the difference between the two, but hopefully there's a big difference from stock.
I think if you are racing with them or have some pretty rough roads then its probably worth the extra for the 25mm. I previously fitted Ohlins NIX22 cartridges to a Triumph Bobber I own. The oem forks were ok and the bike handled well aside from grounding the undercarriage far too early, but as I had a Nitron shock at the back I thought it was worth upgrading the forks. The difference for me was substantial. UK road surfaces are not great these days and you tended to get a lot of feedback through the bars from surface irregularities. However with these cartridges fitted it was like the road surface was transformed into glass. I was very happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Any reason why the Fiamm and not a Denali unit ?...
Because the Fiamm (just about) fits into the space where the original horn lives, and it also has an identical block connector to plug straight into the loom without any splicing or cutting of wires.

There's pics on here from other members who've fitted the Fiamm, and it looks a very neat and tidy installation, so it's that and the reasons above which guided my choice.

Reactions: shaun5150

·
Registered
54 Posts
Removed my tach, gonna add a center stand, header covers, crash bars, PIAA yellow led fogs, a rear suspension upgrade and front Ohlins NIX fork cartridges. Also throw some Karoo street tires in there at some point 😆

·
Registered
2019 BMW R Ninet Roadster
44 Posts
Lots going on this winter:

• Kineo wheels in all black on order
  • Luis Moto clip on fork tree
  • ABM clip ons
  • Roland Sands headlight bevel
  • Getting multiple parts powder coated black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
13,078 Posts
Akrapovic titanium headers to fit, I’ve had them for a while but time seems to have gotten away from me…. 😱

·
Registered
219 Posts
Woohoo. Just got a shipping notification that my Gilles rearsets have shipped. Ordered over 7 months ago and been waiting on a production run I guess. So i'll be putting those on soon - hopefully the Nitron cartridges arrive around the same time. Still waiting on new tyres that shipped from another State 58 days ago! I've not had good luck with orders or shipping lol.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts