BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2014 BMW R NineT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this the other day and was wondering if something similar could be manufactured for a 2014 R9T classic.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I absolutely love the look of the double muffler under the seat. Would that be possible on an R9T? Would the mufflers be too hot under the seat?

I’d really like an exhaust that shows off the single sided swingarm better without being too loud. I’d prefer it if I could keep the original headers with the cat and flapper to keep the sound down.
I know BOS makes a double underseat exhaust, but would it be possible to get a slip-on like that? It’d be even better if I could find a mid pipe like that which I could put some different mufflers on.
The other exhausts I’ve been looking at are the RP Tuning short slip on,
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

theK-Speed exhaust,

or theG&G Stealth exhaust .

Gesture Twig Wood Art Natural material

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts or ideas.

· Premium Member
3,138 Posts
I love my KSpeed Diablo but it’s not for the faint of heart it is loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proper motorcycles that look good like that beautiful machine should be loud…. Good and loud ! ……………. ……………. Blitz

· Registered
2014 BMW R NineT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,224 Posts
I saw this the other day and was wondering if something similar could be manufactured for a 2014 R9T classic.
View attachment 159850

I absolutely love the look of the double muffler under the seat. Would that be possible on an R9T? Would the mufflers be too hot under the seat?

I’d really like an exhaust that shows off the single sided swingarm better without being too loud. I’d prefer it if I could keep the original headers with the cat and flapper to keep the sound down.
I know BOS makes a double underseat exhaust, but would it be possible to get a slip-on like that? It’d be even better if I could find a mid pipe like that which I could put some different mufflers on.
The other exhausts I’ve been looking at are the RP Tuning short slip on,
View attachment 159854

theK-Speed exhaust,

or theG&G Stealth exhaust .

View attachment 159855

I’d love to hear people’s thoughts or ideas.
Oh yes, it is:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Your behind will feel the heat though, I’d say the usual seat cowl would probably have to be modified as well (at least that was done on this beauty). Also, due to space issues, you’d probably have to raise the rear suspension, which then causes overall suspension geometry issues etc…

· Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Have a look at this:

So anything is possible!!!
@Chopper_Bob …Damn Bob, I wish I had all kinds of money to cut you loose and build a 9T from the ground up because I know it would be wicked Kool. I just can’t figure out why so many Cafe’ style BeemerBoys want to get so damn close to the exhaust pipes … it’s not aero-dynamics, it’s all show, it’s about how many pie cuts per-foot you can use up, the more serpent like turns the better $$$… even when the system created is made in pure titanium it’s got to weigh more than just straight pipes. From the cylinder head turn and go to the tail, just one turn. You can dyno different lengths and find what is just long enough to create the best back pressure for performance. It’s odd, All these twists and turns to move the mufflers from place to place …. and it’s really got little to do with performance and in most cases nothing at alll. It’s all about the look …. And in this case the “Cook” because your butt is going to cook ….but you’ll look cool doing it ! …… maybe you could have two sets of headers, one for winter one for summer …………………………… Blitz

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,015 Posts
@Chopper_Bob …Damn Bob, I wish I had all kinds of money to cut you loose and build a 9T from the ground up because I know it would be wicked Kool. I just can’t figure out why so many Cafe’ style BeemerBoys want to get so damn close to the exhaust pipes … it’s not aero-dynamics, it’s all show, it’s about how many pie cuts per-foot you can use up, the more serpent like turns the better $$$… even when the system created is made in pure titanium it’s got to weigh more than just straight pipes. From the cylinder head turn and go to the tail, just one turn. You can dyno different lengths and find what is just long enough to create the best back pressure for performance. It’s odd, All these twists and turns to move the mufflers from place to place …. and it’s really got little to do with performance and in most cases nothing at alll. It’s all about the look …. And in this case the “Cook” because your butt is going to cook ….but you’ll look cool doing it ! …… maybe you could have two sets of headers, one for winter one for summer …………………………… Blitz
I know,... but some like form over function, others function over form.... But as you can see if you have skills or money to rent some one with skills anything is possible!!

· Premium Member
3,138 Posts
It’s a subjective definition as to how hot you can take it. Is it going to get hot ? My guess is, How could it not get hot ? If your entering a 5 lap race on a 10 mile track it’s probably not going to be an issue but if your on a 2 hour commute from work to home you better believe your going to feel it. I haven’t seen any off the shelf under the seat kits … have you ? They seem all custom shop built “one-off” set ups …. Do they look cool, Yes they do … Why, because it’s very unique, not many have them, … 🤔 Why? Hummmmmmm ? HOT !
Not made for extended runs ….. The next time you ride for an hour or two get off your motorcycle and take your gloves off and hold your hand two or 3 inches from just about anywhere along the exhaust system and see what it feels like. OK now imagine doing that for an hour or two …like on a trip. Get the picture. If you ride to raise a fuss and aim to misbehave these pipes will work for you. Short rides at high speeds just fine. If you commute or tour not so much … pretty pretty for sure but hot … how could it not ! …………..Blitz

· Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
1,015 Posts
It’s a subjective definition as to how hot you can take it. Is it going to get hot ? My guess is, How could it not get hot ? If your entering a 5 lap race on a 10 mile track it’s probably not going to be an issue but if your on a 2 hour commute from work to home you better believe your going to feel it. I haven’t seen any off the shelf under the seat kits … have you ? They seem all custom shop built “one-off” set ups …. Do they look cool, Yes they do … Why, because it’s very unique, not many have them, … 🤔 Why? Hummmmmmm ? HOT !
Not made for extended runs ….. The next time you ride for an hour or two get off your motorcycle and take your gloves off and hold your hand two or 3 inches from just about anywhere along the exhaust system and see what it feels like. OK now imagine doing that for an hour or two …like on a trip. Get the picture. If you ride to raise a fuss and aim to misbehave these pipes will work for you. Short rides at high speeds just fine. If you commute or tour not so much … pretty pretty for sure but hot … how could it not ! …………..Blitz
Acutally, this is a really good point, especially for those living in the nethern regions.... nice to have a warm bum in winter commutes....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts