BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
So i have been starting to play around with some wrapping.
How do you guys do around the edges? I think i started with some really tricky parts...

I did this a couple of days ago. looked perfect then. Now when looking at it the edges seem to peel of.
Should I have pulled it further in? Or should I cut it on the edge so it doesn't even get on the back side?

Did with soapy water and hairdryer.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Mine was wrapped by a “pro”. He cuts on the edge, nothing wrapped ariund the back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
@jigsaw hi mate. Question: so I gotten this far. Did you go ahead and remove the springs to get the bezel/ring fully loose or did you wrap it on the bike?
Remove the ring altogether, put dry vinyl across the ring and heat and pull down on the outside working your way around. You should end up the a bezel that looks like a drum, heat the centre and push down from the middle, cut a hole on the middle and pull down the inside of the bezel. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Scrambler
479 Posts
Have any of you wrapped this? Or is powder coat to recommend if you wanna go black on this? Can't really decide if I want it black or not...

I powder coated mine and most of the other silver parts black. You can find pics of my bike in other parts of the forum if you look up my recent posts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have any of you wrapped this? Or is powder coat to recommend if you wanna go black on this? Can't really decide if I want it black or not...

I powder coated mine and most of the other silver parts black. You can find pics of my bike in other parts of the forum if you look up my recent posts.
Also got them powder coated.
But wrapped front fender brackets, snorkel, front rizoma screen, instrument and the footpeg heel covers.

Attachments

141 - 160 of 205 Posts