BMW NineT Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wunderlich Daytona Fairing brackets

Bit the bullet on the fairing. The bottom brackets seem to be mild steel, and the upper alloy, possibly aluminium. Followed other's advice on fitting and everything seems to be balanced and stress free so hopefully I won't be seeing a bracket failure around the 4500km mark. I went for the sports screen. I'm 179cm tall, and I can confirm that it works well up to about 130kmph, but after that the turbulence around the chin area of my helmet becomes tiring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've installed the Daytona sport fairing a week ago. Stability improved, fuel consumption too, I'm generally satisfied but I also noticed noise and turbulence on my arms and helmet when riding + 120 km/h. I'm 177 cm tall.

Gonna try something Wunderlich calls "wind deflector". Any experience with it out there?

See

Wunderlich Vario-Ergo screen Deflector+ 3D+

Doesn't look like the sort of gadget one would expect on a Nine T.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Love my Daytona fairing. I have both windshields. Pros/cons: the taller one definitely helps for the rider but looks a bit unusual. The shorter one looks better but doesn't really block air for the rider. The fairing in general actually helps a lot on the gauges, also for my tank bag. I'm leaving the short one on. If anyone is interested in the taller version, let me know.
Smokey Mountains BMW at Lake near Dragon.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi people,

I guess I was lucky enough and stumbuled on to my Daytona pre-used but in great condition. 170€. I am in EU though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Love my Daytona fairing. I have both windshields. Pros/cons: the taller one definitely helps for the rider but looks a bit unusual. The shorter one looks better but doesn't really block air for the rider. The fairing in general actually helps a lot on the gauges, also for my tank bag. I'm leaving the short one on. If anyone is interested in the taller version, let me know. View attachment 125577
Hi I am interested in the tall screen please let me know your price for the screen alone.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see that on the Wunderlich website there are different part numbers for the 2014-2016 model and the 2017+. But has anyone tried fitting a 2014-16 fairing on a 17+ bike? Or vice versa? I know the forks and gauges are different but I imagine the triple tree mounting points would be the same? Can anyone confirm?

241 - 247 of 247 Posts