BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
75 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Will put them on today (maybe tomorrow) and post the results :)

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
75 Posts
Well, that was a relative easy job :)

Only problems i had.
  • Brake fluid container hose was to short. I followed the somewhat sketchy instructions first which seem to suggest that you had to route the container and hose behind the brake line coming from the cylinder but that put even more strain on the hoses so i left it original. The brake line from the fluid container is still pretty strained but i will be replacing it with a rizoma one anyway so i will fit a longer brake line then.
  • Per the Wunderlich site suggestion i ordered a kit which included a alternate mounting bracket for the muffler because the lowering kit would collide with the existing bracket (it even showed a picture of a nine t racer). Only on assembly it turned out that the new bracket did not fit and the original did, without colliding i might add, so i left that on too. Wasn't a big disappointment because i like the original better and if i get my new set of pipes the bracket will be removed anyway.
So, picture time. I haven't made a full description because Dave pretty much covered that already.

I made some extra room by clipping the reservoir a bit higher in the retaining clip. It's not ideal but will be solved once the rizoma holder comes.

Gear lever side

Brake lever side.

Hope to take it for a ride this weekend en test it out

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts