BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fitted the Wunderlich seat to my Scrambler last year and whilst it probably doesn't butt up to the tank quite as close as the OEM version (I had the higher seat), the gap isn't as large as 20mm. Is it seated properly elsewhere? Also bear in mind that if you have any aftermarket rack fitted that this may cause the base of the seat to sit around of the subframe. Just a thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, the Wunderlich seat mounting is different. It should come with a black metal plate with two ‘prongs’ which mounts just behind the tank. There are two corresponding holes on the leading edge of the underside of the seat which the prongs locate in.

·
Registered
2018 bmw rnine t scrambler
6 Posts
Yes, the Wunderlich seat mounting is different. It should come with a black metal plate with two ‘prongs’ which mounts just behind the tank. There are two corresponding holes on the leading edge of the underside of the seat which the prongs locate in.
Thank you for the reply bob, cant find a photo of it on the internet. I dont have the brackets with me. by chance you might have a photo of it?

thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone who has the UGS/Scrambler Wunder seat give an update on long distance comfort and quality. Im considering a purchase but damn its pricey. Mainly looking for more comfortable option for long trips and there are very limited choices for the UGS.
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have one. For me, it’s a marked improvement over stock.
But in conjunction with the longer rear shock I installed, while its comfier, the bike feels a wee bit bigger than I want (I live in an urban area) because the seat is higher and broader. I may keep it. I may try something else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you mean did the Wunderlich seat transform the bike and provide all day riding comfort then for me - no it hasn’t.
It’s certainly made it more comfortable and extended the time when I start shuffling about but I wouldn‘t do any long distance touring on it - I‘ve got an RT for that.
I also think it’s better finished than the OEM BeeEmm seat.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you mean did the Wunderlich seat transform the bike and provide all day riding comfort then for me - no it hasn’t.
It’s certainly made it more comfortable and extended the time when I start shuffling about but I wouldn‘t do any long distance touring on it - I‘ve got an RT for that.
I also think it’s better finished than the OEM BeeEmm seat.
That's a shame, I want to improve the comfort for long, 4 hour plus rides on my Scrambler and this is at the top of my list. Currently have the BMW high seat which is OK for two or three hours. Was you comparing it to the original seat or high seat?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's a shame, I want to improve the comfort for long, 4 hour plus rides on my Scrambler and this is at the top of my list. Currently have the BMW high seat which is OK for two or three hours. Was you comparing it to the original seat or high seat?
No - I had the OEM high seat too. I’d also replaced the rear shock with a Wilburs Before going down the seat route. Maybe it’s just me. Love the bike and it’s a keeper but for me it’s no mile muncher. Sorry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No - I had the OEM high seat too. I’d also replaced the rear shock with a Wilburs Before going down the seat route. Maybe it’s just me. Love the bike and it’s a keeper but for me it’s no mile muncher. Sorry.
Yes, I love the bike too, but do want to be able to do 300 miles without to much pain. I was thinking of getting an RT, but it would have to be instead of the NineT which would be a gut wrench as being a shorty at 5'4", this fits me very well.

Would you say the litle extra comfort was worth the cost? I see they are now £428 plus shipping!

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
Would you say the litle extra comfort was worth the cost? I see they are now £428 plus shipping!
Simply my opinion, but that kind of money will easily get you a bespoke and custom made seat which will probably give you the best chance of long distance comfort.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts