BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doubtless many here have festooned their bikes with accessories and I was wondering what for you, stands out as the best thing you've bought.
The one thing you look at as the best buy over everything else.

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
579 Posts
Nice idea ... can I suggest one refinement to the question ..
[1] Best upgrade in terms of appearance
[2] Best performance upgrade.

For me:
[1] Appearance: Black Powder coated valve covers
[2] Performance: Akrapovic Ti catless exhaust headers.

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
157 Posts
[1] Appearance: LSL TourMatch clip-ons and Rizoma Eccentrico handlebar mirrors, in combination
[2] Performance: Öhlins rear damper
[3] Functionality: Wünderlich centre stand

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah you see you're all cheating
😂
I wanted to know which one thing is your best buy.
If you were told you had to put your bikes back to stock but were allowed to leave just one addition that you've added, which one thing would it be.
No categories please
👍

·
Registered
2020 R Nine T Pure
89 Posts
Haven't added much to my Pure but Tach for me so far.

I've just got the Wilbers shock delivered yesterday, hopes of that replacing the Tach as top of the list.

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
157 Posts
Ah you see you're all cheating
😂
I wanted to know which one thing is your best buy.
If you were told you had to put your bikes back to stock but were allowed to leave just one addition that you've added, which one thing would it be.
No categories please
👍
Just the one thing it would be the Öhlins rear damper. Biggest and best difference. So much so that I'm looking towards getting the Öhlins cartridges for the forks.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
389 Posts
I've only put two mods on the new bike I bought new just three months ago, but for me it's definitely the Sargent seat. (Honestly though, I don't love it. The Sargent on my VFR was more comfortable, but this is still a huge upgrade over the BMW stock seat.) I'm sure the aftermarket seat will always be my #1, because if I can't ride more than 200 miles without being in pain, the other mods won't matter.

·
Registered
2016, BMW, RnineT Standard
18 Posts
After 4 years of ownership I upgraded to a TFX 140 shock w/ hydraulic adjuster and a +25mm spring.
I feel like I got a new and better motorcycle out of this mod, without having to say goodbye to her. Which I will never do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Best performance upgrade: HyperPro rear shock and fork springs
Best appearance upgrade: Kineo wheel set

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
108 Posts
So far, I would say the Akrapovic exhaust due to the combination of aesthetic, sonorous and performance (weight saving, slightly improved torque & HP). Its not a game changer but enough so that this is the one upgrade I’ve made to every bike I’ve owned. That being said, the stock pipes are perfectly functional, so its not a ‘must do’.

I am planning to upgrade both the headlight (Motodemic) and move to tubeless rims (Option 719) in 2021 which may well win out over the Akrapovic exhaust (the latter hopefully removing the need to upgrade the rear shock by reducing unsprung mass). Sorry, long answer to a short question.

·
Administrator
11,761 Posts
Suspension upgrades for me transformed the bike.

Close second is the Bren tune.

Reactions: Devla

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorting the suspension (Nitron front and rear) is probably my best mod, albeit an expensive one. Other good ones were the Power Commander (helps smooth out low speed fuelling), and the Rappido throttle pulley (finally a cheap one!). Aesthetics-wise I was glad to get rid of my early clocks for a Motoscope Pro (although a single post-2017 speedo would look better), and at 'Tron' tail tidy (I've had both a FBT and a Daedalus - the FBT is a cleaner design, but the Daedalus has insane build quality).

Only regret is the Motoscope bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
2020 BMW R NineT Pure
11 Posts
I installed the Luimoto gel+foam+cover into my Low Suspension Pure seat. The low suspension seat is so bad, now my butt doesn't go numb after 50 miles. Probably the best returns I'm getting from a simple upgrade. Everything else is like cosmetic or marginal performance increase.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts