BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did someone test the increase of power and torque on a dyno with the Zard exhaust, no catalyst piping, flap valve installed?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok so I am getting ready to buy the Bad Child full exhaust and am wondering how much louder this is than stock? I ran a slash cut pro race but this was a bit much. Will the Zard system be the ticket?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok so I am getting ready to buy the Bad Child full exhaust and am wondering how much louder this is than stock? I ran a slash cut pro race but this was a bit much. Will the Zard system be the ticket?
Bump this, anyone know the DB of the Zard Bad Child. Stock is 98. I am wondering how much louder just the silencer is. And also full system. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
28 Posts
Did someone test the increase of power and torque on a dyno with the Zard exhaust, no catalyst piping, flap valve installed?
I Have order the Zard Exhaust system on titanium, headers kit, flap valve removed, and zard exhaust. I will uput it on dyno before and after valve remove. I will let you know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Zard can on mine and had to buy the flapper delete section too but not bothered. Surprised you didn't find the quality 100%, mine is a work of art and sounds awesome plus baffle comes out with one circlip if needed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Zard can on mine and had to buy the flapper delete section too but not bothered. Surprised you didn't find the quality 100%, mine is a work of art and sounds awesome plus baffle comes out with one circlip if needed. View attachment 140601
Where can I buy just this GP exhaust? Tried contacting Zard but have not heard anything back. How much louder over stock would you say this is? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
28 Posts
Where can I buy just this GP exhaust? Tried contacting Zard but have not heard anything back. How much louder over stock would you say this is? Thanks!
I just bought this exhaust and headers kit from Zard. They usually repply on the same day, I think due to COVID they are with delay. Anyone know if ZARD can make a flap valve pipe removal to use with the kit. I want to take out the OEM valve, and i do not find nothing to matchs the titanium headers colour.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's louder but not offensive, sounds nice. The person who sorted out mine was this lady [email protected]
She took the order, sent a link to the end can only and then i paid at the checkout as normal. This is it on but with baffles still in and flapper valve still on until i got the replacement tube to delete it. Sounds great but the phone video doesn't really do it justice.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
28 Posts
It's louder but not offensive, sounds nice. The person who sorted out mine was this lady [email protected]
She took the order, sent a link to the end can only and then i paid at the checkout as normal. This is it on but with baffles still in and flapper valve still on until i got the replacement tube to delete it. Sounds great but the phone video doesn't really do it justice.
@cunningstunt did you upgrade the headers kit also? Did you notice improve on performance?

·
Registered
109 Posts
@cunningstunt did you upgrade the headers kit also? Did you notice improve on performance?
Not done the headers yet but i will do. I did flapper delete. DNA filter kit, rapid bike easy to richen it up a bit and it smooths it out too, still a boxer twin but more refined and a lot of grunt. I has made a difference for sure, how much who knows but its a lot nicer in town, picks up quicker and mid range is better. That's all i need really, its never going to be a race bike, been there done that but it does improve the ride for me.

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
732 Posts
I just bought this exhaust and headers kit from Zard. They usually repply on the same day, I think due to COVID they are with delay. Anyone know if ZARD can make a flap valve pipe removal to use with the kit. I want to take out the OEM valve, and i do not find nothing to matchs the titanium headers colour.
I just put a Remus stainless steel one on mine as didn't see any other options at the time.
DKdesign do one now though

Looking at their picture - you're not seeing that much of the actual pipe though. It's covered by clamps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! Email sent

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
28 Posts
I just put a Remus stainless steel one on mine as didn't see any other options at the time.
DKdesign do one now though

Looking at their picture - you're not seeing that much of the actual pipe though. It's covered by clamps.
I have just received that peace of pipe to remove the flap valve, on titanium from Pro Race. And it has the same finish as the titanium zard headers kit.

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NINET
28 Posts
I have just received that peace of pipe to remove the flap valve, on titanium from Pro Race. And it has the same finish as the titanium zard headers kit.
I have finish the upgrade, ZARD Headers Kit titanium, Zard exhaust, pro race flap valve eliminator. I can tell that the bike know, rides like an animal. I really feel a very very big improve in power. Nothing compared before, as I remove all the system, i cannot tell if the power comes from the zard kit or the flap valve removed.

It is really a new bike.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts