BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Will do definitely?
At the moment deployed..back within 2 weeks and then fully onto the R9T to finish all modifications before the new riding season.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. Any quality issues on this? I am close to ordering it. But read somewhere about issues. Also do you have a photo/video of the install?

cheers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will do definitely?
At the moment deployed..back within 2 weeks and then fully onto the R9T to finish all modifications before the new riding season.
Hey R9TNLD, did you end up fitting this exhaust? I think a lot of us would love to see some pics/videos if you have any!

Interestingly it looks like the kspeed website links to the exhaust that used to work are now dead- might have to contact them directly if anyone wants to order one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good morning.

sorry mate, have been stuck in the Middle East due to corona virus.
At the moment back home and making some progress.
Fitting the exhaust will hopefully happen in a couple of days...I’m waiting until the paint job is finished🙏🏽
If you like, just follow my topic that I am trying to keep updated as soon as I have some progress.
Cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi tom, I think it will..everything is similar so shouldn’t be a problem to install this on a RnineT racer...but that’s just my 2 cents☺
Only difference is some clipons and a fairing...if I am not mistaken.quite sure a “racer” owner that is reading this message can give some feedback 🙏

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
Hi tom, I think it will..everything is similar so shouldn’t be a problem to install this on a RnineT racer...but that’s just my 2 cents☺
Only difference is some clipons and a fairing...if I am not mistaken.quite sure a “racer” owner that is reading this message can give some feedback 🙏
How was your purchasing experience with K-Speed? It seems it requires some Kasikon bank transfer, which I'm completely unfamiliar with. I own a racer and the fairings aren't anywhere near the exhaust, so fitment should be the same.

·
Registered
R-NINET Racer
57 Posts
Hi, I am currently in contact with them. They also accept VISA and PayPal with 4,4% recharge. Asked for DHL shipment and they are relatively expensive. I am unsure whether to order.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
Let me know how it goes. That’s definitely the best looking exhaust out there for our bikes. To have it replicated with any sort of quality would be more.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How was your purchasing experience with K-Speed? It seems it requires some Kasikon bank transfer, which I'm completely unfamiliar with. I own a racer and the fairings aren't anywhere near the exhaust, so fitment should be the same.
I did the PayPal option as well..a bit more expensive but I don’t do western union type of payment..feels a bit like gambling 😅

at the moment busy trying to install the DB-eater. Sounds without is too lood for the Dutch regulation.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
Is this DB eater you’re referring to a separate part? As I’m hoping this diablo system is loud, which is fine in CA.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
I also noticed some electronic looking black box with two wires coming from it where the exhaust pipe connects to the muffler. What is it? Is is eliminated? KSpeed claims that there’s no ECU issues. Exhaust usually doesn’t effect warranty, any knowledge of this? I think the bike will benefit from a tune to ensure it’s not running too lean or rich. Lastly, KSpeed also shows a flat belly pan, looks like a good idea, since I’m surprised there’s nothing protecting the engine down there. Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi Ron, welcome again and I had the same thoughts about the looks of the K-speed exhaust especially when cafe-racing style is your thing😊
First things first...about the sound it is producing.....it is a lot😅🙈
Believe me...I have a voxan black magic with 2 supertrapp mufflers...that’s a loud one...but absolutely nothing compared to this. Please re-consider if you are buying this exhaust to have the dB-killer....the sound without is massive but on the motorway after half an hour it gets a bit too much.

but of course this is all based on my own experience.
The black box is indeed the exhaust flapper, collector or however it is called...no room for it on the k-speed exhaust.
There you go😊

about any ECU ...none of them popped up in the display so I’m not really concerned so hands down again for K-speed.

last item, flat belly pan...I bought mine in Germany via eBay....loved the combination of the robust black metal with the stunning exhaustive...took some time to fit it properly. ( companies made the skid plate with the stock exhaust in mind...the K-speed is slightly lower. Anyway that makes you love the result even more.
By the way there is a lovely skid plate on Etsy dot com has some cool Bmw details.
Anyway I hope this is useful information for now😊
Back to my gin and tonic watching Barbarians VS England 2019

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Racer
12 Posts
Hi Ron, welcome again and I had the same thoughts about the looks of the K-speed exhaust especially when cafe-racing style is your thing😊
First things first...about the sound it is producing.....it is a lot😅🙈
Believe me...I have a voxan black magic with 2 supertrapp mufflers...that’s a loud one...but absolutely nothing compared to this. Please re-consider if you are buying this exhaust to have the dB-killer....the sound without is massive but on the motorway after half an hour it gets a bit too much.

but of course this is all based on my own experience.
The black box is indeed the exhaust flapper, collector or however it is called...no room for it on the k-speed exhaust.
There you go😊

about any ECU ...none of them popped up in the display so I’m not really concerned so hands down again for K-speed.

last item, flat belly pan...I bought mine in Germany via eBay....loved the combination of the robust black metal with the stunning exhaustive...took some time to fit it properly. ( companies made the skid plate with the stock exhaust in mind...the K-speed is slightly lower. Anyway that makes you love the result even more.
By the way there is a lovely skid plate on Etsy dot com has some cool Bmw details.
Anyway I hope this is useful information for now😊
Back to my gin and tonic watching Barbarians VS England 2019
I forgot to ask how does the quality seem to be?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mass moto do a similar 2-2 exhaust. The muffler on the mass is more blended into the pipes to look like open slash cuts. I don't have one, just seen it while looking around for exhaust options on my racer
1591723920932.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi R9TNLD
is there any kind of ABE for this exhaust? or how is this handled in the Netherlands?
I live in Switzerland and a registration without ABE is very difficult and can be very expensive :-/

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Servus Tobi und willkommen! I bin der Toby aus München, working and riding in Florida (...nicht ganz so toll wie's vielleicht klingt).

From next week through at the least end of August I'll be in Bayern; where are you located?

Thinking about possibly some day re-patriating my bike, I looked at exhausts options – check out the (to me really spiffy) Hattech "Pure Craft HIGH", stainless polished, w/EU ABE, 726 euro at HATTECH | Ihr Spezialist für Auspuffanlagen. They're somewhere just west of Ulm in Ringingen. I spoke to the owner Hubert Sommer a while ago: he not only was superfriendly, but also offered to make the db-killers removable to have the option of riding without while my bike is in the US, and then making it EU-conform should I want to return to BY some day.

Neat shop it seems and not far from me – I think I have to drive over to Hubert one day, check his shop out and talk bikes a bit.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts