BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
first of all thanks and yes, i have seen the part numbers you have posted in post 11.
But where can i put them so i can come to site that actually sells them?
You should be ok now with the link @Daniel has given, but why not just contact your local BMW Motorrad dealer?
They all should be able to supply the spare parts and accessories when given the part numbers. :unsure:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Could someone with this seat take some measurements? Width at front? Width at widest part of the dish? Etc?

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
280 Posts
You should be ok now with the link @Daniel has given, but why not just contact your local BMW Motorrad dealer?
They all should be able to supply the spare parts and accessories when given the part numbers. :unsure:
Good day !

Yes, the link @Daniel gave me is just fine.
My local BMW Dealership has much higher prices.
When i asked them why is there such a big difference in the prices the replied to me it's a matter of different taxes policy from country to country.
A small example. I bought directly from the BMW site the aluminum screen for €289.27.
From the local Dealership they asked for around €360.00.
I know it doesn't make much sense but that's the way it is.

So i prefer to order whatever i want directly and delivered in front of my house.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Could someone with this seat take some measurements? Width at front? Width at widest part of the dish? Etc?
Narrowest width towards the front - 185mm
Width under your bum - 240
Width of the strap - 280
Thickness under your bum - 90
Total length - 580
Length from the centre front to the strap 340

·
Registered
711 Posts
Width of the strap - 280
Total length - 580
Thank you!

I'm a little confused as to how you're measuring the thickness and where you're measuring the 'bum' width. Could you grab a quick photo showing where?

thank you

·
Registered
124 Posts
Width of the strap - 280
Total length - 580

Greetings. I wonder if you might comment on the seat height difference? I've always thought the stock Classic seat was too low. I'm really looking for 1"+ higher seat height. BMW says the classic has a 31.7" seat height and the /5 has a 33.4" seat height. I'd love to get that 1.7" higher seat if it really is that much taller. Is the height significant in terms of noticing more leg room?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
I'm a little confused as to how you're measuring the thickness and where you're measuring the 'bum' width.
By thickness I probably should have said side height of the seat where you sit.
The following pics are the points I measured;

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Greetings. I wonder if you might comment on the seat height difference?
Is the height significant in terms of noticing more leg room?
While the seat height is more than the OEM, as the foam inside is softer, when you sit on it you squash that down so once seated I'd say the height difference becomes marginal. (The OEM seat foam is firmer so doesn't squash so much).
I really didn't notice much of a height difference when riding on the /5 seat. A bit, but not much.
I'd say at best, depending on your sitting weight, you might get that 1" of seat height, but definitely not the 1.7" difference that the total seat heights state.
A big proportion of my 80kg + gear weight is in my torso, so if you weigh more you'd be squashing the seat further.

My recommendation is to have a seat modified for the extra height you are looking for.

Reactions: pjensen641

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Photo please.
When I first saw that seat I wanted it.
Have a look back through this thread, no point re-posting them. ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
R nine T/5 seat

I am pretty certain it will fit..

The simple question;

Does an R nine T/5 seat fit on any other R nine t? For example the urban G/S?

·
Banned
424 Posts
I am pretty certain it will fit..

The simple question;

Does an R nine T/5 seat fit on any other R nine t? For example the urban G/S?
All seats are interchangeable between models.
I've got a scrambler seat on my Racer.
The T/5 seat will fit.

·
Registered
711 Posts
All seats are interchangeable between models.
I've got a scrambler seat on my Racer.
The T/5 seat will fit.
With one small caveat: the two part or pilot only seat and the bench seats use some different mounting hardware.

·
Banned
424 Posts
With one small caveat: the two part or pilot only seat and the bench seats use some different mounting hardware.
Again no problem.
I've used every configuration on my Racer.
If you use the separate pillion pad you have to remove the hump retaining clips.

If you're replacing the stock pillion pad with a dual seat it will slot straight on.

Yes there is a different bracket they use in the middle but it's just typical BMW belt and braces and not necessary.

If you were really worried about it you could buy the said bracket quite cheaply but the point is that all seats fit all models.

I'm currently using the scrambler seat for occasional pillion

·
Registered
BMW R NineT '16
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Dutch-T said:
Hi, I'm recently bought a 2016 R9T Classic and looking to upgrade the seat to a higher one. I'm considering two options:
Does anyone have experience with the Scrambler High seat? How does it compare (in height and comfort) to the standard seat and the R/5 seat?
@Dutch-T – I bought the Scrambler High Bench (in 2017 for € 288 at BMW in Munich), coming from the low Scrambler bench. – Waste of money.

It's just under 30mm higher than the stock Scrambler bench, and offers a wee bit more comfort, but for my (weird? bony?) bum it's not working either. I've gone from 45min ride time max. to maybe perhaps possibly 120min, which is still ridiculous.

The /5 seat I haven't tried, so I can't comment on that. But IMHO one has to sit on a seat for at least an hour to get a real feel for it. Not sure what my dealer would say, but I'd sure feel a little silly sitting on a showroom bike for an hour or two :rolleyes: That one dealer loaned someone on the forum a /5 seat for a few hours is really excellent service.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've previously fitted the /5 seat to my converted Racer and it is higher, softer and more comfortable but it still is not the most comfortable seat around but looks great. Also, I just happened to put my Racer seat & hump back on today for a change and it didn't feel as bad as I remember but it is thinner & firmer / denser padding than the /5 seat so I'm now considering a more dense foam for the /5 seat as I really like the look of the /5 seat when I need the dual seat option. Just need to find a trimmer I trust to do the foam.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
I've previously fitted the /5 seat to my converted Racer and it is higher, softer and more comfortable but it still is not the most comfortable seat around but looks great. Also, I just happened to put my Racer seat & hump back on today for a change and it didn't feel as bad as I remember but it is thinner & firmer / denser padding than the /5 seat so I'm now considering a more dense foam for the /5 seat as I really like the look of the /5 seat when I need the dual seat option. Just need to find a trimmer I trust to do the foam.
CMC … a standard ban saw with a medium or fine tooth will cut foam perfectly … try it.
……Blitz

41 - 60 of 62 Posts