BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BMW r nineT Pure
221 Posts
I have a 2018 Pure and the seat is very comfortable but I don’t like that it is in two parts. I did look at the RSD seats but only read negative reviews. I’ll be looking to upgrade to this seat for sure

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Finally got to ride for an extended time/distance on the new /5 seat.
To me it feels firm but forgiving. I wouldn't say 'plush', but it is so much more comfortable over the stock single seat.
My boney butt started to ache at about the two hour mark, but then I had a break anyway.
Another break at three hours and I actually felt better on the way home to four hours.
Really happy with this purchase and the retro style it adds to my nineT. :D

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Finally got to ride for an extended time/distance on the new /5 seat.
To me it feels firm but forgiving. I wouldn't say 'plush', but it is so much more comfortable over the stock single seat.
My boney butt started to ache at about the two hour mark, but then I had a break anyway.
Another break at three hours and I actually felt better on the way home to four hours.
Really happy with this purchase and the retro style it adds to my nineT. :D
I really like the way it looks on your classic

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Reactions: Cropduster

·
Registered
2020 RNineT
77 Posts
Hi, I am thinking about replacing the stock seat on my RNineT. I found that Ninet/5 comes with a thicker seat. Does anyone have this? I would like to know how much difference is in the seating height and is it better comfort wise?

·
Administrator
12,706 Posts
@sunnyxci Yep this has been discussed before, mate. I've moved your post to that thread. It looks great on the RnineT "Classic" please have a read through this thread.

Reactions: sunnyxci

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Mine is getting better with each ride.
3 hours recently and no aching that I got with the original seat.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Any sense as to the shape of the /5 seat as compared to the seat on the Urban or Scrambler? I’m finding the Urban’s seat to be a bit like straddling a narrow pillow. The bulk of the seat is where I want less seat - under the berries and back - while it isn’t quite wide enough for my birthing hips (it’s narrower than the seat on the classic and pure).

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
280 Posts
Mine is getting better with each ride.
3 hours recently and no aching that I got with the original seat.
The most I have been riding is for two hours straight and I have no problem at all with the standard seat.
I am quite fit and with no extra weight and I guess that plays a part also although being 45 y/o.

But that seat from the /5 looks stunning and definitely want one as an alternative from time to time.

Does it happen to have the order codes from the European site? I cannot seem to track them.

Also, since you have fitted one on the classic and since I also have the classic beside the seat I read about something called retaining bridge ? Do I need to order that as well ?

thanks !

e.f.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,829 Posts
Does it happen to have the order codes from the European site? I cannot seem to track them.
I listed the part numbers in post no.11 above. Those same part numbers would be used worldwide.
The /5 seat is listed under the Pure model when viewing the on-line parts fiche.

What does the retaining bridge do?
I read about something called retaining bridge ? Do I need to order that as well ?
The bridge is attached to the frame under the middle of the seat and adds an extra place of attachment to secure the seat. The new seat has an alloy bracket attached that fits into the bridge.
Without the bridge the seat is only held in place at the front with two plastic tongues, and at the back with the torx screw. So whether you really need the bridge is up to you; how secure do you want you $$$ seat to be. :unsure:

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
280 Posts
@Captain

first of all thanks and yes, i have seen the part numbers you have posted in post 11.
But where can i put them so i can come to site that actually sells them?

Through RealOEM i am able to put the codes and see the parts but i am not able to actually make a purchase in any way.

If i log in to BMW Motorrad and put the parts numbers its shows completely different thing.

As for the retaining bridge i have already installed in my bike if i remember correctly.
The rear hump i got two months ago was a revised version which included the bridge for more secure fitment of the hump or in that case also for the whole seat.

e,f.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts