BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can't mount with the rear subframe. So not possible with passenger. Unite garage have a high pipe that can be used with the subframe. Also looks nice but a bit more expensive
That's a shame. Perhaps the low mount, then, though I really like the looks of yours.

Looking forward to the video/audio ;)

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Wow sounds much better without the dB killer, a lot “meatier”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is a sound clip with and without DB killer. I will probably ride it with DB killer on the road and without on the tracks.

For info:
I have the 40mm DB killer that's euro legal. Also a 35mm DB killer is available for purchase.

40mm makes sound level similar to stock.

Sorry for the dirty bike ?

https://youtu.be/-BMTH7RtkpE

That sounds glorious. Especially with the killer off, as BaldyDave said.

It sounds a lot meatier but doesn't seem that much louder. Is that just the video ? Would it be super obnoxious ? I'm thinking for city riding, without usually getting to the higher end of the rev range.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That sounds glorious. Especially with the killer off, as BaldyDave said.

It sounds a lot meatier but doesn't seem that much louder. Is that just the video ? Would it be super obnoxious ? I'm thinking for city riding, without usually getting to the higher end of the rev range.
Its a lot louder. Video don't do justice.

Have only had a short 15 minute ride with it. Did not find it as obnoxious, for myself. I was a bit worried about neighbors reactions though. Will get back with more feedback once taking it on a longer trip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Here is a sound clip with and without DB killer. I will probably ride it with DB killer on the road and without on the tracks.

For info:
I have the 40mm DB killer that's euro legal. Also a 35mm DB killer is available for purchase.

40mm makes sound level similar to stock.

Sorry for the dirty bike ?

https://youtu.be/-BMTH7RtkpE
I meant the other way around:

-Without DB killer on road
-With DB killer on track (due to noice restrictions)

Will probably fit in with the Harley guys on the morning commute, "loud pipes saves lives"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fantastic sound! Especially with the DB killers out - where they should be>:)
RobertVP

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Update:
Ridden 50 km with DB killer and 50 km without. Here are my findings.

It's obnoxious looud without DB killer. Head ache loud. I mean you are running straight pipes here.

It's well loud with DB killer. Really loud. Stop your throttle when you see a cop loud... Can't really see how this would be road legal.
But I really like the tone. It's deep and farty.

___

So have decided to ride with DB killer in.
Emailed HP Corse today to buy a 'end cap grill' to the 40mm DB killers, as well as to see if they have even smaller DB killers available for the track.
There is no way this would be OK on a regulated trackday with DB killer.

Hope this helps someone :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great to know, thank you Petrol ! Just commited to buy a 9t and was thoroughly impressed by the stock exhaust so I think I'll leave it as is (minus the db killers), but this will definitely stay on a potential wishlist down the road!

·
Registered
63 Posts
This looks like the one high pipe that would be short enough to ride with my bobber set up! Too bad I just got a low pipe Un1t garage! They sound really similar...might have to trade it out! Thanks for posting..

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Petrolpants,

Viewing one of your earlier photos with my computer (rather than my phone) , I can see how your new pipe is mounted. Is the lower mount OEM?

Rob

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Petrolpants,

Viewing one of your earlier photos with my computer (rather than my phone) , I can see how your new pipe is mounted. Is the lower mount OEM?

Rob
Hi Rob,
Yes, it's mounted in the position of where the subframe and OEM bracket used to be. Everything needed to install was included. So it's a new mount, but I used the OEM screw for it. ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Perfect... thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Fitted the HP Corse double barrel today.
With DB Killers in, its slightly louder than stock, but has a more aggressive growl to it.

I'm running with catless Akra headers, and I'm glad I went for the double, as all the single pipes seemed to chg the sound to more dirt bike like.
The double retains the bass of the exhaust.

Will post sound clips soon, but on the phone it sounds more higher pitched than in person

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,389 Posts
Sounds great. Bit like my Spark twin system.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts