BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the triangle is the brace to hold the pipes suspended at the rear of the engine as in this pic but i dont know what the other piece would be for. Now i am wondering if they provided fitting instructions!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmmmmm....a lot of it should be pretty clear but come on K-speed!! it should be automatic to include either rough instructions or have a fitment video on youtube. i would say hit them up to explain what is in the box to be on the safe side....

·
Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 140749 Any idea where the two chrome pieces are to be used?
Looking at the picture where it is fitted to the bike closely, it looks like the plate with the two holes secures to the base of the engine,
And then the triangle brace attaches to the plate using the bolt hole welded to the plate,
And then the muffler attaches using the two remaining holes on the triangle brace?

If you look at the photograph clearly then that is what it looks like is shown.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went down and took a look under mine and @Ennistymonjoe is right. the small piece looks like the replacement for the hanger used by the existing exhaust just behind the catalytic. removing those 2 torx bolts and it looks like you would use them to install this hanger. There isnt a bolt on the exhaust piece so i am not sure about how to affix it. i should have brought my phone with me to take pics.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts