BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1441 - 1460 of 1533 Posts

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,608 Posts
I put a few hundred miles on my R9T Pure this weekend. Saturday I rode to the local dealer shop to check out "R18 Day," as they had the new models on display. (Demo rides happen in a couple weeks.) The models with front fairings and bags look really good in my opinion. But the most expensive one, with a rear trunk, retails over a whopping $30K!! 😮

Such events at this dealer's shop are usually pretty well attended, and present good opportunities to check out other owners' bikes in the parking lot. This time the R9T pictured below was on hand. I very rarely see R9Ts out in the wild, so I was kind of excited. There were several Beemers parked outside, but there was a guy wearing an R nineT t-shirt, so I figured that was the bike's owner. (It was.) The owner's name is Henry. We talked for a few minutes and agreed these bikes are fantastic, but we might be just a little biased. ;)

Henry's bike had a few nice mods, including a Jeep headlight, which he said drops right in, a headlight grill, and Denali driving lights mounted on SW-Motech crash bars.

If you're on the forum, Henry, it was great meeting and speaking with you!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
175 Posts
Hidy Ho Dare, well today Bean and I made a quick 250 mile (402 km) trip to get some cookies.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Then we went cross town and visited some painted ladies...
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Window

From there we went hill climbing....
Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Sat under this little bridge...
Water Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

Watched a boat sail by and then called it a day. A real good day.
Water Fuel tank Sky Tire Vehicle
Kind regards, ~Bean

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Hidy Ho Dare, well today Bean and I made a quick 250 mile (402 km) trip to get some cookies.
View attachment 147060
Then we went cross town and visited some painted ladies...
View attachment 147061
From there we went hill climbing....
View attachment 147062
Sat under this little bridge...
View attachment 147063
Watched a boat sail by and then called it a day. A real good day.
View attachment 147064 Kind regards, ~Bean
Wow, you and Bean had quite the adventure. I was on Treasure Island for about a year back in the late 60’s. You have an awesome place to explore UpOn2. Your pictures are beautiful. You should organize a travel album of pictures and keep Bean in all of them. Title the Album “THE ADVENTURES OF ME AND MY BUDDY BEAN” and leave it out on the coffee table for people to take the adventure with you …. as I just did ! Thanks, I quite enjoyed it ! …………Blitz

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed these puppies 😂
I don’t understand why some folks having a hard time installing? It took me like 5 secs each. Dab a water on the grip and dishwashing soap inside the grip using finger
View attachment 146688
Do yours move around at all; did you glue them on? After a week of being on mine are still moving around. I assumed they would have driet out and not be moving? Interested in your experience.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, you and Bean had quite the adventure. I was on Treasure Island for about a year back in the late 60’s. You have an awesome place to explore UpOn2. Your pictures are beautiful. You should organize a travel album of pictures and keep Bean in all of them. Title the Album “THE ADVENTURES OF ME AND MY BUDDY BEAN” and leave it out on the coffee table for people to take the adventure with you …. as I just did ! Thanks, I quite enjoyed it ! …………Blitz
Already have a cover, from my buddy,
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle
Garland (garlandcaptures.com) Flowers, check him out, he has some awesome car/plane artwork.
And thank you for the compliment and book idea.
~Bean

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh Blitz, since you may have been a child of the 60's, (I'm sure you were VERY young then...;)) here is a shot just for you. Look at the street sign in the back ground.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Oh Blitz, since you may have been a child of the 60's, (I'm sure you were VERY young then...;)) here is a shot just for you. Look at the street sign in the back ground.
Kind regards,
~Bean
Not such a child in the 60’s Bean… I graduated high school in 68’ and by then owned my 4th motorbike. I actually ran with a group that lived in Haight in the early 70’s during the summer of free love, I crashed at their flat many nights … great memories, we all wore tie-dye and flowers in our hair, although at that time I had a beard and a burr, thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do yours move around at all; did you glue them on? After a week of being on mine are still moving around. I assumed they would have driet out and not be moving? Interested in your experience.
I went to a trail on the other day and still tight. No signs that it got moved. The logo stays still @ 6 o’clock. No i did not glue the claw

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
419 Posts
Tire Wheel Water Vehicle Sky

Brought it to the lake of Bracciano, with a friend on a 1250ADV. Few kilometres, slow pace, day of relax and enjoying the scenery and a good lunch.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Got my R nine T back from service.. with extended Clutchline
(I got +40mm handlebar risers installed.. that's why)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Went to visit an old friend yesterday....
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

(Mark Twain's cabin)...He wasn't home. But I did find a bridge to cross...
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

To get to a lake and take a quick dip ...
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

But there wasn't very much water....Melones Lake, or puddle as I call it now...
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel Fuel tank

So I went down the road a bit more to find a place to rest a bit... Sonora
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Window
Kind regards,
~Bean

Attachments

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,608 Posts
Did another Southeast Ohio ride yesterday, my first since modding my Pure's suspension a couple months ago. I had a terrific day riding Ohio's best twisty roads. 430 miles for the day, and what's amazing is I didn't have as many aches as usual after a long day. (y)

·
Registered
2018 R NineT Scrambler
10 Posts
The Denali headlight looks fantastic with the halo! Was it a simple plug n play instal? I only ask because on their website it says it will not fit my 2018 scrambler?!

After a month stuck in customs due to BREXIT my Denali M7 finally arrived. But Covid lockdown here after 6pm so can't try it out just yet View attachment 140691 View attachment 140692 ... :/

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
597 Posts
1441 - 1460 of 1533 Posts